Privacy and Data Protection Policy
Last updated on 25th March 2020 – WE RESPECT YOUR PRIVACY
This Privacy and Data Protection Policy is for this website Capilta.com and governs the privacy of its users who choose to use it. The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore, the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed in this policy.
We are 100% General Data Protection Regulation Compliant
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
When you create a profile on the Website, we will automatically generate a personal account for you on Capilta(“Account”) and collect the following personal data about you. This information is mandatory, which means that it will not be possible to download free or paid products from us without it. We will also use this data to display your username to the public when you make a product review. This information will never be passed to any 3rd party for marketing.
- Your username (this will be public)
- Full Name
- Your securely encrypted password
- Your email address
- Your country
- Your billing address
- Mobile Number
NEWSLETTERS AND DIGEST EMAILS
We collect the information you provide us with when you subscribe to receive our newsletters, digest emails or similar (we collect your name, email address and newsletter preferences). If you no longer wish to receive our newsletters, digest emails or similar, you can unsubscribe by logging into your Account and changing your settings.
FOR WHAT PURPOSES DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will use the information you provide to us to:
- rovide our services to you, including displaying your reviews, and providing you with access to your profile and our Website
- Identify you as a registered user when you log in to the Website and re-visit the Website
- Verify the legitimacy of your reviews
- Improve the Website and our services
- Invite you to leave more reviews
- Respond to your questions and provide related customer service
- Protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates
- Protect our rights, privacy, safety or property and/or that of our affiliates, you or others
- Allow us to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that we sustain
YOUR RIGHTS AND PREFERENCES: PROVIDE OPTIONS AND CONTROL OPTIONS
As you may know, a new EU law called the General Data Protection Ordinance or CPC gives citizens certain rights in relation to their personal data. In order to comply with the provisions of this law, we have implemented additional transparency and accessibility features Privacy Settings to help users make use of these rights. Based on the availability and limitations of the applicable legislation, the rights granted to citizens are as follows:
- Right of access – You have the right to be informed and request access to your personal data that we are processing
- Right of rectification – You have the right to request to modify or update your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to delete – You have the right to ask us to delete your personal data
- Right of limitation – You have the right to request the temporary or permanent discontinuation of processing all or some of your personal data
- Right of objection: you have the right to oppose at any time the processing of your personal data by us, based on reasons relating to your personal circumstance. you have the right to oppose the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes
- Right of data portability – You have the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic form and to transfer this personal data to the third-party service and
- Right not to be subject to automated decision-making – you have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision-making, such as profiling if the decision would have legal implications for you or other equally important implications.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advises users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products/services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to the email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website.
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should, therefore, note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.